To welcome this New Year, we thought it might be fun to talk to some of our Living Crafts friends- present and past contributors, all very creative people, and see what goals, visions and dreams inspire their craft resolutions for 2012!
Please join us in celebrating this new year, filled with potential, craft and creativity, by reading our craft resolutions and sharing your own, in our comments section!
Nicola Bown’s Craft Resolutions for 2012:
My New Year’s resolution is to keep my New Year’s resolutions!!! Every year I plot and plan but never manage to stay on track. This year I won’t beat myself up when I start to slip but rather refresh my goals and start again. During January and February I will …..
- declutter my studio (I can’t get in the door today!) and office
- finish writing the new book with Chrissie Day
- prepare the kits I have been planning for beginners and improving felters and get them up online
- consistently felt new items to showcase at Borris Farmer’s Market each Friday
- declutter my studio again!
From March onwards I will …..
- keep up to date with all of the above
- strive to work towards my second solo exhibition
- prepare a submission for ‘Sculpture in Context’
- add new venues to my international teaching schedual
- declutter my studio!
As you can see from these resolutions, tidying features highly. This is because I am a disaster in the house and keeping my office and studio in order would allow me more time to felt and reflect on my potential exhibition work. I wish everyone all the best for a happy and creative 2012 and keep up the good work at Living Crafts!
Nicola Brown is a feltmaker based in Ireland. Together with Chrissie Day she has written the book: From Felt to Friendship which was reviewed in the Fall 2011 issue of Living Crafts. You can read more about Nicola’s work at her website/blog: Clasheen by Nicola Brown