St. Anthony Foundation
A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting!
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, “PULL OVER!” ”NO!” the blonde yelled back, “IT’S A SCARF!”
We’re sure she didn’t get a ticket because she was knitting for St. Anthony’s Scarving Artists who are committed to providing 2,500 hand knit scarves for our guests this Christmas. While we don’t recommend driving while knitting we would love your help this year! To knit for St. Anthony’s click on http://www.stanthonysf.org/?q=donate%2Fknit and find out how!
We are pleased to share this very important message from Amy Butler.
It has been three months since the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan and just over two months since the tornados and flooding throughout the Southern United States. They are slowly recovering and rebuilding from these disasters but help will be needed for years to come. I have put together a raffle to help support the relief efforts in these areas. Here’s the scoop on the raffle:
- Tickets are $10 each, purchased through Paypal
- There will be 3 winners, each receiving a Sweet Life Bag full of goodies
- 100% of the proceeds will be sent to The American Red Cross
- Tickets are on sale now through July 7th, Click Here or follow the directions below to get your tickets
- Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share this message with friends & family and on your blog or facebook page so everyone can get involved! Thank you so much for your help in this effort!
With love and gratitude,
How to purchase a raffle ticket:
- Log into your Paypal account, if you don’t already have an account Click Here to sign up
- Click on the Send Money tab
- Please send money to: email@example.com
- Enter the amount of money you would like to donate, each ticket is $10, feel free to purchase multiple tickets. Please make sure the donation is in US dollars.
- Please mark your payment as a Personal Gift
- Hit continue
- You will be shown a review of your payment, review your details and make sure to enter your name and email address in the “Email to recipient” section so we will be able to contact you if you are chosen as a winner.
- Click Send Money
Anna Maria Horner, one of the most talented fabric designers in the world (her fabric is a household item in my family) is auctioning a quilt for the Queensland flood victims. The fabric is her own design, the pattern is her own design (Gathering Flowers Quilt), and so is the sewing. The bidding ends midnight today, so there is still a whole day left to go over to her blog and bid on it to help people in need. Thank you Anna Maria!